Thursday, May 09, 2013

TOADS, TREES and TRULY GREAT FRIENDS

I want to introduce you all to Steinar. He's a writer. He knows everything there is to know about kitchen appliances. He's funny. And he is a little bit neurotic (Yes, he is, even though he neurotically denies it). He is also one of my best friends.  


This is Steinar. No, not the predator, the other one.

Why a whole post about Steinar?

Because I had an oral exam in linguistics on Monday in Kristiansand. And Steinar let me crash at his place for a few days. 

Sunday afternoon I was nervous and incredibly sick of studying, so Steinar and I went for a long walk in the woods. It was lovely. I found a toad.

And another toad. 

If you don't know what they're doing, you're not old enough to ask. 



Steinar found some trees. 


As you can see, he was thrilled. 

Super. Thrilled. 

Monday came and went. The best part was the "went". Don't ask me about the exam. I passed. Let's just leave it at that. 

With a squashed heart and wounded ego, I picked Steinar up after the exam and we went to Ikea. Steinar got me a pink flamingo glass and a C-cup. No, not a bra, but a cup. With cookies. Because C is for COOKES. Of course.  





We drove back to Queens (aka Kvinesdal), watched far too many MST3K episodes and drank prairie drinks out of the exquisit, previously mentioned, pink flamingo glass. 


Thank God for good company and bad movies. That'll heal any broken heart, in my honest opinion.

After a full day at work on Tuesday I got back home - discovered there were still a few hours of sunlight, a chainsaw in the garage, a good helper and a whole afternoon to go. 

Sometimes, life is just a walk in the park after all. 






1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Lovely post ^^,
    Looking forward to next time he visits the prairie! And to all of us getting better acquainted with the flamingo glass and it's prairie drink contents ;)

    ReplyDelete