Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Experiment #237: PrimalPanMix

So, my cowboy is upstairs sleeping, and I'm throwing together a quick breakfast before I'm off to work. Unfortunately the fridge is pretty empty, which means:

One has to do with what one has. I.e. ground beef, ruccola, onion, bell peppers and chili.



  • Finely chop the onion and chili. I used 1 onion and haf a chili pepper. 
  • Chop the bell peppers (about half a cup of each)
  • Fry the ground beef in coconut oil. 
I use COCOSA for all my cooking - it's organic, it can take high temperature cooking without spoiling the fatty acids, and it doesn't taste anything - thus, perfect to fry ANYTHING in :)




After frying the meat, onions and chilis, I found some raw BROCCOLI and CAULIFLOWER. Yay! Chop 'em, throw 'em in the pan, and let them cook for a little while.





Season with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cilantro. I always add some cayenne pepper, because we love spicy food. 


 The Primal Pan Mix as described above is the basic recipe I use for a lot of my dishes (fried ground beef and vegetables) - but if it's not seasoned properly, it might be a bit boring and bland. I added a couple of twists today:

  • 4 tablespoons organic tomato puré
  • half a cup of coconut milk

And the result? YUMMM :)





No comments:

Post a Comment